Friday 13 November 2009

English hat - no mitts

As a contrast, this very British creation sticks two fingers up at Parisian chic. It says, "I may not be hanging out on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore nibbling on a patisserie, but at least my ears are warm. And because my ears are covered, I cannot hear you say that I look like a toilet seat cover. So don't bother."

Possibly a look that only works on the under-3s.

The loop stitch that this hat is mostly worked in is a very useful stich to have in your knitting repertoire - great for edging sleeves, scarves and hems.

Loop stitch: K1, * insert needle into next st knitwise (put wool round needle, then round first 2 fingers of left hand) 3 times, then roound needle again, draw all 4 loops through and slip st off needle; rep from * to last st, k1.

No comments:

Post a Comment