Thursday 11 July 2013

Tufted duck


I think this little chap might be my favourite knitted bird so far. This is a tufted duck - a rather smart little diving duck who is slightly smaller than a mallard.

I redesigned and refined my basic duck knitting pattern for this one - my previous mallards were very simply shaped but this one has more complex shaping to give the duck a more rounded shape, slightly flatter than a goose.

I particularly like this duck's expression, like he has suddenly remembered something terribly important in the middle of the photo shoot. "Did I lock the front door before I came out? Oh no..."

2 comments:

  1. He's adorable! Love his beady little eye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's the beady eye that makes him top duck too... it's amazing how much a small detail can change a project.

      Delete